From now on, I should really just keep this blog to jot down quick stories, funny happenings, etc., instead of trying to timeline everything. Sound good? Okay. Go.
In case you don't follow me on Twitter, you may have missed that I will be a Dutch celebrity this week. My fellow au pair friend, Tiff, arranged quite a big au pair picnic in Amsterdam this past Saturday that Laura, Annemarie, Nerike, and I attended. So many turned up! But it was hard to mingle and meet in such a big group, especially when people are already familiar with others from their agency, town, etc, so we used the time to catch up with one another and casually chat with a few new friends. One of the au pairs who attended told her host dad about the event, and he relayed the message to a reporter/intern he knew looking for a story, so she and a photographer came along to check out the group. The photographer and our group chatted a bit while he took pictures of the group, but after a bit, he asked if he could take my photo separately so that I could be interviewed for the piece. Quite exciting :) I must admit that I had few glasses of wine (it was cold AND a picnic), so who knows how my interview portion will come out! I'll share if I can get a link online, so keep an eye out!
![]() |
Daniel and I decided to hop the bus to Paris for three days and four nights. I don't want to attempt to describe everything we did or saw. I don't even think I can describe how much I really enjoyed the trip, except to say that it made me wake up and realize that I am, indeed, in Europe. I have created such a routine here in Holland that I often forget that I am living in another country (one I have been craving to venture in since I was young), far away from "home." But the little trips I take to other cities wake me from my au pair coma. The view from Sacre Coeur actually brought tears to my eyes; I am once again seeing and experiencing people, places, food, and culture that I have never before. I forgot how much I missed that, as it has been since my days exploring the US and New Zealand by car that I've had that feeling. Now my days consist of figuring out how I can continue these things on the limited budget I have. I will do it, even if I have to eat peanut butter and bread wherever I go. If anything, it'll keep the pounds coming off. ;)That should do for now. Did you know the Netherlands has had consistent sunshine for almost the past week and a half? I know--I'm amazed myself. The rain is returning in a few days...so now I must go and enjoy these rays of light while I can!
Take care until next time, my friends. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment